Zach Wagner, Graphics Designer

Get to know Orono’s senior Zach Wagner, who is just 17 years old and is involved in over nine sports and hobbies. Wagner came to Orono in fourth grade from Edina and has enjoyed Orono throughout the years.

2015 marks Wagner’s third year in journalism, and he likes writing stories that are important because he enjoys it. “Journalism not only teaches you how to write well and how to report, but is also teaches you ethics and responsibility,” Wagner said.

As a senior, Wagner is close to making a final decision on where to attend college. He is deciding between St. Johns in Minnesota and Boulder in Colorado. “I was accepted (yesterday) by Colorado Boulder,” Wagner said. If he chooses to go to Boulder or to St. Johns, our journalism class will be wishing him luck and missing his writing skills.

Wagner plans on majoring in business and minoring in psychology. After college, he would like to either take over his family business or be a therapist.

Exciting plans are ahead of Wagner in the future, he would like to hitchhike around America and travel the world. “I am not sure where I want to live yet,” Wagner said, “I love being outside and traveling.”

Wagner is involved in many activities and sports, such as tennis, newspaper, mixed martial arts and senate. He is very interested in art such as welding and glass blowing.

“Almost everyday [in journalism] something pretty funny happens. It is a really great class with a close-knit group of people.”  Wagner said. He will always remember Mrs.’s Herrings quote, “Yay Journalism!”

All content by Zach Wagner