Char Naegele, Copy Editor

Char Naegele believes that it is the duty of the Spartan Speaks to get timely information out and be correct doing so. “I enjoy finding, actually, finding the information, so, finding the sources to put into the article. It is like baking a cake, interviews are one ingredient, sources and other outside information put everything together until you have a final product and it is rewarding to finish it and have people read it.”

Char’s plans for after high school consist of going to college and majoring in marketing. Her family is very big in marketing and she has thoughts of following in her family's foot steps. She does not have a particularly big embarrassing moment in journalism, but one small one that she remembers is, “I remember that I went to Mr. Haislet’s room to conduct an interview with him and there was one question that I just couldnt ask him. It’s not that I didn't want to ask him, I just could not get the words out in a sentence. I was mumbling and stuttering and one of my friends that was with me, was cracking up and giving me a hard time.”

Char is most proud of the article that she wrote on heroin. Char said that she thinks that it brought awareness to the danger of doing drugs. At the mention of hallucinogens, Char revealed that she is very paranoid that she is haunted by the dead spirits of the fallen Union soldiers. She loves to watch war movies on Netflix with her cats, Cleo and Sheba.

Chars hobbies consist of downhill skiing, hunting, and playing guitar, which she has been doing for eleven years. If she could have dinner with any person from history, dead or alive, she would have dinner with Johnny Cash and Ronald Reagan. Her favorite food is sushi from Sushi Fix and enjoys the occasional original hot wings from Buffalo Wild Wings.

All content by Char Naegele
Pope Francis

A Blessing on U.S. Soil

Char Naegele, News Editor
September 25, 2015
photo

Chasing the dragon

Char Naegele, Copy Editor
December 16, 2014
Relaxation techniques help to achieve a good nights sleep.

Stressful Nights Snagging Z’s

Char Naegele, Copy Editor
October 20, 2014

Meet Our New “Frenchie”

Char Naegele, Copy Editor
September 19, 2014
Load More Stories