Homecoming Parade and Pep Fest

Sophomore girls walking the Homecoming banner down Old Crystal Bay Road.

Homecoming week is a student’s favorite time of the school year.  There are so many fun events and activities going on – dress up days, class competition, powderpuff, and of course the annual parade and pep fest.

The homecoming parade usually has around twenty to thirty groups walking in it.  There are floats, boats, cars, the band, and sports and activity groups.  Each of the classes had their floats separated by the homecoming court.  First, freshman princess Anna Soshnik waved to the crowd as she led the freshman float.  The freshman float was entitled “The Freshman Force”, which had kids standing on a boat in all black with Star Wars decorations.  Next, was Alice Peterson, the sophomore princess.  The sophomore float was called “Ancient Sophomores.”  Students on the float wore togas and had Ancient Greek decor.  Next, Lauren McMullen came to lead the juniors.  The junior float was named “Jacked Juniors.”  All of the kids on the float had weights and were working out.  Next came the entire senior court including homecoming king Chris Lecy and queen Sydney Reiners.  Each couple had their own car and waved to the whole district as they drove by.  After the court, was the senior float which was called “Senior Citizens.” Paulina Gabos and Nick Bacon were the stars of the show as they were pulled behind the float with a walker and wheelchair.  After all the varsity sports teams and clubs walked by, everyone headed down to Pesonen Stadium for the pep fest.

To kick off pep fest Grace Lynch decided to do the roller coaster cheer for the high schoolers.  She got everyone hyped about being there.  Then Jen Soshnik, Paige Ament, and Grace Lynch headed down to the track to lead the district in the school song.  After the song, all the fall sports captains talked about their teams and how they were doing so far in the season.  They were all doing very well.  Next, the homecoming court did their annual dance to a medley of Grease songs.  It’s amazing the dance team captains can put this together in such a short amount of time.  After that dance, was another dance with all the football guys and the entire dance team.  The dance was hilarious, and we now know that the football guys are definitely not cut out to be dancers.  To end the day, the band played and the district sang the school spirit song once again.

photo 2
The Homecoming Court getting ready for their dance.