OHS Chinese Students Vacation in China

Over Spring Break, OHS Chinese teacher Shiow Jen Sun and some of her students will be adventuring to China. They will be touring the cities of Shanghai, Xi’an, Beijing and Hangzhou with an itinerary focused on sightseeing and deepening their understanding of the Chinese language.

There are 10 OHS students going on the trip. These students include Zoe Larson, Melina Giovanis, Eden Schultz, Madeline Eppard, Mollie McGrann, Ashley Clemens, Tyler Burns, Tavo Moline, Harrison Lindbloom and Logan Rodewald.

The students will be seeing some unique sites. The city of Shanghai is home to the world’s second tallest building and is known for its waterfront area with colonial era buildings. Beijing, the nation’s capital, is one of the most growing industrial cities in the modern world and also contains ancient sites from the Ming and Qing dynasties and Tiananmen Square. Students will also see one of the seven wonders of the world, the Great Wall of China.
Students are excited to travel to a new place and experience a culture they’ve been learning about in Chinese class. “I am excited just to walk around and experience the Chinese culture, as I have been waiting to go to China for twelve years,” junior Mollie McGrann said.